Hi Kevin,

you can extract the date from the log messages with a regex extractor and
afterwards use a date or flexdate converter (see
http://docs.graylog.org/en/1.1/pages/extractors.html#normalization) to
convert it to an actual timestamp which you store in the timestamp field of
your message. Otherwise the receive date of the raw text message will be
used as message timestamp.

Cheers,
Jochen