Hi Joi,

Thanks for your answer.
I understand the "Only attempt extraction if field ..." option but the
incoming messages have a great number of variables. So i was looking into
how to get the src ip as a filter, but I was under the impression this
can't be done since the src ip is not presented in the msg part of the
syslog packet.

This is an example message from one of my devices.

<182>ah_auth: [Auth]: receive driver notification[0x8, WLC_E_ASSOC_IND] for
Sta[blank] at pd[blank]

(I am not intersted in this particular message, but there are other
messages from the same level that I would be interested to see)
Is there anyway I can use the src ip as the filter for the extractor if it
doesn't appear in the message?