Hi all, has anyone had any success converting their TLS ceritificates for
graylog web from versions 1 (e.g. 1.3.x) to version 2 of graylog?

Maybe I'm just not getting it, but I'm having trouble figuring out EXACTLY
what file format the certificate needs to be in.

Previously with v1.x web interface it used a javakeystore. HOWEVER, this is
no longer in use and the upgrade path is not clear.

I found some documentation that talks about exporting keys from the
keystore but the terminilogy is very inconsistent depending on the
webpage/documentation.

I got as far as exporting the "private key"
(no clue if this is the correct format)
keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore graylog2.keystore -destkeystore
new-store.p12 -deststoretype PKCS12
openssl pkcs12 -info -in new-store.p12
openssl pkcs12 -in new-store.p12 -nocerts -out gl2web_privateKey.pem

to produce supposedly what the documentation for graylog claims it needs,

I do something similar for the public key
keytool -export -keystore graylog2.keystore -alias graylog2key -file
Example.cer
openssl x509 -in Example.cer -inform der -text -noout
openssl x509 -inform der -in Example.cer -out gl2web_publickey.pem

I get this error

I end up with this error which is vague, but I think tells me my
certificate configuration is useless.

2016-04-12 10:06:27,503 ERROR:
com.google.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager - Service
WebInterfaceService [FAILED] has failed in the STARTING state.
java.io.IOException: ObjectIdentifier() -- data isn't an object ID (tag =
48)
        at
sun.security.util.ObjectIdentifier.<init>(ObjectIdentifier.java:253)
~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at sun.security.util.DerInputStream.getOID(DerInputStream.java:281)
~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at
com.sun.crypto.provider.PBES2Parameters.engineInit(PBES2Parameters.java:267)
~[sunjce_provider.jar:1.8.0_77]
        at
java.security.AlgorithmParameters.init(AlgorithmParameters.java:293)
~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at sun.security.x509.AlgorithmId.decodeParams(AlgorithmId.java:132)
~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at sun.security.x509.AlgorithmId.<init>(AlgorithmId.java:114)
~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at sun.security.x509.AlgorithmId.parse(AlgorithmId.java:372)
~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at
javax.crypto.EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo.<init>(EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo.java:95)
~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at
org.graylog2.shared.security.tls.PemKeyStore.generateKeySpec(PemKeyStore.java:69)

~[graylog.jar:?]
        at
org.graylog2.shared.security.tls.PemKeyStore.buildKeyStore(PemKeyStore.java:96)
~[graylog.jar:?]
        at
org.graylog2.shared.initializers.AbstractJerseyService.buildSslEngineConfigurator(AbstractJerseyService.java:185)

~[graylog.jar:?]
        at
org.graylog2.shared.initializers.AbstractJerseyService.setUp(AbstractJerseyService.java:156)

~[graylog.jar:?]
        at
org.graylog2.initializers.WebInterfaceService.startUp(WebInterfaceService.java:46)

~[graylog.jar:?]
        at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractIdleService$DelegateService$1.run(AbstractIdleService.java:60)

[graylog.jar:?]
        at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.Callables$3.run(Callables.java:100)
[graylog.jar:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_77]