Hi all,

I would like to give some details.
We have a field @timestamp.
But it is in the false format.
It is recognized as string instead as beging recognized as date.
We defined the input as being JSON.
The extractor defnitions seemed to be clean. With this extractor we should
have had as a result the @timestamp as date.
But how can we test it?
Also: Taking a look to Elasticsearch via Kibana we see the @timestamp field
being in a string format.
So, either: The format conversion did not function we the extractor, what I
did not think.
Or some template in elasticsearch transforms the now-date-field back to
string.
Does someone have a clue?
Either: How can we check the extractor conversion went good.
Or: If elasticsearch is the source for this erratic behaviour.

Thanks!