I am unable to get ssl working properly and receive the following error
message:

We are experiencing problems connecting to the Graylog server running on
*https://fqdn:12900//*. Please verify that the server is healthy and
working correctly.

This is the last response we received from the server:
Error messageBad requestOriginal RequestGET https://*fqdn*
:12900/system/cluster/nodeStatus codeundefinedFull error messageError:
Request has been terminated Possible causes: the network is offline, Origin
is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being unloaded,
etc.

If I run
GET https://*fqdn*:12900/system/cluster/node manually I receive the
following error: Can't connect to https://*fqdn*:12900

I created a self-assigned cert and configured to the following settings.  I
should note that everything works fine on http.

Thank you in advance.

openssl req -x509 -days 365 -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout pkcs5-plain.pem
-out cert.pem
and converted
openssl pkcs8 -in pkcs5-plain.pem -topk8 -nocrypt -out pkcs8-plain.pem

# Enable HTTPS support for the REST API. This secures the communication with
the REST API# using TLS to prevent request forgery and
eavesdropping.rest_enable_tls = true
# The X.509 certificate chain file in PEM format to use for securing the REST
API.rest_tls_cert_file = /path/to/cert.pem
# The PKCS#8 private key file in PEM format to use for securing the REST
API.rest_tls_key_file = /path/to/pkcs8-plain.pem
# The password to unlock the private key used for securing the REST API.#
Commented out since it is plantext. rest_tls_key_password = secret
# Enable HTTPS support for the web interface. This secures the communication
the web interface# using TLS to prevent request forgery and
eavesdropping.web_enable_tls = true
# The X.509 certificate chain file in PEM format to use for securing the web
interface.web_tls_cert_file = /path/to/cert.pem
# The PKCS#8 private key file in PEM format to use for securing the web
interface.web_tls_key_file = /path/to/pkcs8-plain.pem
# The password to unlock the private key used for securing the web interface.#
Commented out since it is plantext. web_tls_key_password = secret