Hey, here are the details of the system:
I installes de dpkg files like in here on the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.0/pages/installation/os/ubuntu.html

Everything is running on one single VM Graylog and Elasticsearch.

VMware

1 Virtual Socket

2 Cores

Memory: 8GB RAM
HDD 800 GB

root@ATLOG001:/home/ladmin# uname -a
Linux ATLOG001 4.4.0-28-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jun 24 10:09:13 UTC 2016
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@ATLOG001:/home/ladmin# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        16.04
Codename:       xenial

SystemHostname:ATLOG001Node
ID:e2b97d26-f84a-4a82-99ba-3bedfbb5b207Version:2.0.3
(f07c170), codename *Rothaus*JVM:PID 1014, Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_91 on
Linux 4.4.0-28-generic

I can easily add more system ressources please let me know hoch much.

How can I give Elastisearch more memory ? How much should I give?

The Input ist UDP Syslog. I am receiving the Syslog messages of a Firewall
which are quite a lot of messages.