Dear Jochen, I'm using this Graylog version on a Debian 8 server:

graylog-server                       1.3.3-1                     all
   Graylog server
graylog-web                          1.3.3-1                     all
   Graylog web

My indices configuration in /etc/graylog/server/server.conf is:

rotation_strategy = time
elasticsearch_max_time_per_index = 3d
elasticsearch_max_number_of_indices = 10
retention_strategy = delete

Please can you tell I'm OK ??? Do you say every time I reboot my server or
restart the graylog-server service I could have problems with the indices???

Thanks a lot!!