Hi Aykisn,

On Thursday, 15 September 2016 07:56:05 UTC+2, Aykisn wrote:

> I edited the graylog-internal template to add the geolocation fields to
> convert tem to geo_point.

Graylog will check and overwrite its internal template (graylog-internal),
so changing this will have no effect at all.

You can create a custom index template with a higher priority, though:
http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.1/pages/configuration/elasticsearch.html#custom-index-mappings

I also tried to do a sepate template to add the geolocation part but that
> didn't work either. Also tried without the wildcard and by specifying the
> exact name of a field, didn't work either.

Yes, that's to be expected, because Graylog expects the *_geolocation
fields to be strings and not geo_point. The latter is currently not
supported by the GeoIP/Map Widget
plugin: https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog-plugin-map-widget/issues/7

Any insights on how I can use the template to correctly change all the
> _geolocation fields to geo_point ?

It's not possible right now. Feel free to subscribe to
https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog-plugin-map-widget/issues/7 to stay
updated on the issue.

Cheers,
Jochen