Hi Jochen,

I couldn't find the 'graylog-ctl' scripts so I wasn't sure where the json
files has come from on this server. I have been changing the server.conf
manually but I got to the point where I had spent too much time on this
server.

The environment is due to be destroyed and the newly deployed environment
has an Ubuntu packaged version that is working.

I am happy that I can stand up a Graylog 2.1.1 from scratch so I will bow
out defeated on this one and look at building a new ami using Graylog 2.1.1
and Centos 7.

Thank you for all  your input,

Chris.