Jochen,
There is some confusion here.
In https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog-ansible-role   both

elasticsearch_discovery_zen_ping_unicast_hosts   and
graylog_elasticsearch_discovery_zen_ping_unicast_hosts   are used.

One is used while creating server.conf in server folder while another one
is used to create
server/elasticsearch.yml

What is correct setting - say I have ES servers and GL servers  and all
have separate ip?

Thanks,
Evgueni