Hi Wayne,

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 16:30:18 UTC+2, Wayne wrote:
> I understand that the timestamp reflects the time that graylog imported
> the log messages, and not the timestamp associated with the application log
> message. For example, if I send a log file from my application server to
> graylog server, the timestamp of my application log message is a different
> field (when extracted) in graylog UI

Graylog is only falling-back to the ingestion time if the message itself
doesn't include a timestamp or includes an invalid timestamp.

For example if you're using a GELF input and the GELF messages contain a
valid timestamp field, that timestamp is being used as message timestamp in

Is there a workaround?

What exactly is the problem you're trying to solve?