I'm trying to update some text fields in some online accounting software.
 I can change the textbox using jquery and .value however when I click the
save button it is like I never changed the field.  I'm wondering if there
is something else I should be doing or some other attribute other than
.value I should be using instead.

var employer = 10.0;
$('#payslip > div:nth-child(2) > div > div:nth-child(5) > div.xb-igrid-body
> div.xb-igrid-data > div > div.xb-igrid-col.xb-igrid-col5 >
input')[0].value = employer.toFixed(2);

Note the source textbox I am targetting looks like this:

<input type="text" class="form-control" data-bind="value: formula.amount,
{'disabled': !formula.amountEditable},
                                                              css: {
'has-error': hasError }">

"greasemonkey-users" group.