Thanks Anthony,

I finally managed to solve my issue.

A Mac usually comes with apache pre-installed, so what I did now is:

   1. My perl script modifies one HTML file (instead of several scripts) to
   contain the data I want to provide to my scripts.
   2. My perl script then starts Firefox to open this HTML file (through
   http://localhost, served by the pre-installed apache)
   3. My greasemonkey script, which is now a merge of all my previous
   scripts, sees that it's running on localhost, pulls out the data from the
   page and persists it.
   4. My greasemonkey script, when called on one of my target sites,
   retrieves the persisted data.

"greasemonkey-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at