PlaneterraFoundation and Gap Adventures Honored with 2nd Annual
2009 Responsible Traveland Tourism Forum Leadership Award

Cited for their commitment to socially and environmentally responsible
travel practices, Planeterra Foundation and its founding partner, Gap
Adventures were the co-winners of the 2009 Responsible Travel and
Tourism Forum Leadership Award <http://rttf.ca/index.php?p=award>
presented by Baxter Travel Media and Air Canada.

Brad Ford, Director of Business Development for Gap Adventures
<http://www.gapadventures.com>   and Liz Manning, Sustainability Manager
for Planeterra <http://www.planeterra.org>   accepted the award on Oct.
14th at the 3rd annual Responsible Travel and Tourism Forum (RTTF) held
at The Old Mill Inn in Toronto. Some of the key companies in attendance
included Sandals Resorts, Transat, GlobeScan, Virgin Holidays, Air
Canada, and Flight Centre Canada.

"It's an honor to be recognized by the RTTF for our efforts to
this point. We really feel, though, that our dedication to sustainable
community development through travel has just begun and we invite the
industry to join us," stated Richard G. Edwards, Planeterra's
director.

Read the full announcement
<http://www.planeterra.org/pages/media_release_october_16__2009/133.php>