Gladson
In fact this is the front page news on indian express today as well. I am
sure this has appeared elsewhere too
Pasting the IE piece here Best

http://www.indianexpress.com/story_print.php?storyid=389786
Togadia funded Abhinav Bharat, Sadhvi said 'my people' set off Malegaon
bomb: Purohit to CBI*Shishir Gupta*Posted online: Nov 24, 2008 at 0131 hrs
*New Delhi, November 23 : *Arrested Army officer Lt Col Prasad Purohit has
told the CBI that VHP general secretary Pravin Togadia was involved in the
formation and funding of Abhinav Bharat, the radical Hindu group at the
centre of investigations into the September 29 Malegaon blast.

The officer has also said that Swami Aseemanand of Dangs had told him that
Sunil Joshi — the man to whom Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur sold her motorcycle
that was used in the Malegaon blast— was also involved in the Ajmer Sharif
shrine bombing of October 11, 2007.

Sunil Joshi, whom Swami Aseemanand described to Purohit as "apna banda" (our
man), was murdered in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh in the last week of December,
2007. The swami, originally Jatin Chatterjee of Bengal, is on the run.

The CBI interrogated Purohit in connection with its investigations into the
May 18, 2007 blast at Hyderabad's Mecca Masjid.

Purohit is understood to have told interrogators the name of a serving
Colonel of the Army, his neighbour in Panchmarhi, who attended key meetings
of Abhinav Bharat, including one allegedly hosted by the senior New Delhi
endocrinologist R P Singh in Faridabad in January this year.

The Army has denied that any of its officers besides Purohit is under the
scanner in the Malegaon probe. Dr Singh has denied involvement in the blast
conspiracy.

The CBI report records competing claims made by Purohit and Sadhvi Pragya on
the Malegaon blast. Purohit claimed to have met Pragya on October 5, 2008 to
tell her that "our people" had carried out the killings in Orissa, burnt
down two churches in Karnataka, and also carried out the Malegaon blast. To
which, says the CBI report, the Sadhvi retorted: how could Purohit claim
that Abhinav Bharat had been responsible for the Malegaon blast, when it was
actually her people who had carried out the attack?

Purohit told interrogators that one Prashant Hartalkar, who he identified as
the VHP's Maharashtra chief, had called him on the phone to say that Pravin
Togadia wanted him to find out who was investigating the Nanded blast case.
In April 2006, an explosion in the home of an alleged RSS worker in Nanded,
Maharashtra, killed two men who were suspected to have been putting together
a bomb.

The CBI report details plans by Abhinav Bharat to try and ultimately replace
the RSS and VHP as the standard-bearer of the 'Hindu cause'. Purohit claimed
to have told VHP leader Eknath Rao Shete that "the RSS needs to change its
dress code to attract the youth of the country".

Purohit also gave details of the conspiracy to eliminate RSS leader Indresh
Kumar for 'getting Hindus killed in Nepal'. He admitted he had, at the
behest of Dayanand Pandey (alias Sudhakar Dwivedi alias Mahant Amritanand)
and the Pune-based veteran RSS leader Shyam Apte, given a weapon to one
Alok, a colleague of the Kolkata-based radical Hindu activist Tapan Ghosh,
on April 11-12, 2008 in Bhopal. Next month, he had sent 12 rounds of
ammunition to Alok, meant to be used to kill Indresh.

Purohit told the CBI Pandey had asked him to get RDX or some other explosive
as "Guru Agya". But it is not clear if he actually got the explosives.

Pandey also made Purohit contact Dr R P Singh over the telephone in August
2007. The report quotes Singh as having told Purohit that Indresh had "sold
off Hindus in Nepal", a job for which he (Indresh) had been given Rs 3 crore
by the ISI. Purohit conveyed this to Togadia, who said that he already knew
about this.

Purohit's interrogation report includes several other details:

• Purohit first met Togadia in February 2006 in Nashik at the home of the
local VHP unit head Vinayak. In December that year, he met Togadia in Mumbai
and apprised him of the Abhinav Bharat concept. In March-April 2007, Togadia
told Purohit over the phone the names of donors to the trust. In
August-September, 2007, Togadia gave him Rs 2 lakh, which were subsequently
passed on to Abhinav Bharat's Samir Kulkarni. On August 2, 2008, Togadia
severely reprimanded Purohit for breaking up the VHP's Madhya Pradesh unit.

• On February 2, 2008, Shyam Apte gave Rs 2 lakh to Purohit, and orders to
kill Indresh. Purohit passed on the money to another activist, Rakesh
Dhawade, who gave him the weapon for Rs 50,000. This weapon was given to
Alok. Dhawade, Purohit said, claimed to have trained the RSS cadres who died
in the Nanded blast. Purohit had given Dhawade Rs 3.2 lakh the month before,
to buy another four weapons.

• The same month, Purohit met Sandip Dange and Ramji Kalsangra with Samir
Kulkarni. Ramji and the Purohit exchanged numbers, and decided to keep
Kulkarni out of the operation.

• On April 11-12, 2008, Purohit spoke to Sadhvi Pragya at the instance of
Aseemanand in Bhopal. The Sadhvi told the officer that Indresh was like a
father to her. In June 2008, she told Purohit that she did not want to work
with him. He met her five days after the Malegoan blast.

• Apte and Pandey insisted on killing Indresh. Dange called up Purohit
repeatedly for arms-training. In July 2008, all those who had come for arms
to Abhinav Bharat scattered, including Tapan Ghosh.

• On August 3, 2008, Pandey directed Purohit to get RDX for Ramji at a
meeting in Mahakaal Dharamsala. Towards the end of the month, one Pravin
Patil came to Panchmarhi to state that he had gained knowledge of explosives
through Internet research.

• On Oct 23, 2008, Purohit was interrogated by Col Srivastava of the Army
about the Malegaon blast. The Colonel got him to talk to Dr R P Singh.

2008/11/24 Gladson Dungdung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> *Why does the Sangh Parivar cry for the Sadhavi and Purohit? Why is Mr.
> Advani politicizing the issue of Malegaon? Why Mr. Togaria, Mr. Singhal and
> Mr. Sudarshan are all busy in criticizing, defending and what not????????
> The answer is here: *
>
> *Purohit claims Togadia funded Abhinav Bharat*
>
> *CNN-IBN* <http://ibnlive.in.com/news/agency/CNN-IBN/>
>
>   *Mon, Nov 24, 2008 *
>  *New Delhi:* In a sensational development in the Malegaon blast case
> Lieutenant Colonel Srikant Prasad Purohit has claimed that Vishwa Hindu
> Parishad leader Praveen Togadia was involved in funding Abhinav Bharat.
>
> Abhinav Bharat is being investigated in connection with blast of September
> 29 in Malegaon in which at least six people were killed.
>
> Lt Col Purohit, who has been arrested for masterminding the blast,
> reportedly claimed that Togadia provided the organisation with some funds to
> start out.
>
> The claims were reportedly made while the Lt Col was being interrogated by
> the Central Bureau of Investigation.
>
> He revealed that he received a call from a man who called himself the VHP's
> Maharashtra chief to say that Togadia wanted to know who was investigating
> the Nanded blasts case.
>
> However, Togadia has denied his involvement with Abhinav Bharat. He said
> the allegations are unfounded, criminally defamatory, malafide and
> politically motivated.
>
>
> >
>


-- 
Bobby Kunhu http://community.eldis.org/myshkin/Blog/

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Green Youth Movement" group.
 To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
 To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/greenyouth?hl=en-GB
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to