FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <shiba...@studentsforafreetibet.org>
Date: Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM

URGENT: Take Action to Free Tibetan Filmmaker Dhondup Wangchen

We've received news that Dhondup Wangchen, the Tibetan filmmaker
who made the ground-breaking documentary, Leaving Fear Behind,
has been charged with "inciting separatism" and is awaiting
trial in Siling in eastern Tibet (Chinese: Xining, Qinghai
Province). Chinese authorities have barred his lawyers from
representing him, casting serious doubt over the fairness of the
trial process.

Please take urgent action by sending the letter below to Wu
Aiying, China's Minister of Justice and Zhang Yesui, China's
Ambassador to the United Nations, demanding Dhondup Wangchen's
immediate and unconditional release:

http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/dhondupwangchen

Dhondup Wangchen has been detained since March 2008 and has
suffered torture and ill-treatement at the hands of the Chinese
authorities. He is being targeted for simply exercising his
right to freedom of expression, and the charges against him are
part of the Chinese government's widespread campaign to punish
and silence Tibetan voices of dissent.

Help spread the word on Facebook:
http://www.studentsforafreetibet.org/facebook , Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/sfthq

You can also write and call China's Minister of Justice:
Minister: Wu Aiying
Sifabu, 10 Chaoyangmen Nandajie
Chaoyangqu
Beijingshi 100020
People's Republic of China
Tel: (86) 10 652 067 06
Fax: (86) 10 652 923 45

We will continue to update you on Dhondup Wangchen's case and
additional ways you can take action to shine a global spotlight
on this travesty of justice.

In solidarity,
Students For A Free Tibet India

*We encourage you to take action by August 20, 2009

---

Students for a Free Tibet, India (SFT India) is the India National Network
of Students for a Free Tibet International, which has over 650 chapters in
more than 35 countries.

Founded in the year 2000 from a very humble beginning as a loose network of few
young activists and students based in Dharamshala campaigning for Tibet's
Independence,SFT India has grown as nation-wide network of youth,
campaigning for
the Fundamental Rights of the Tibetan people, and we are still
growing. It is from
our grassroots network that we gain our strength.

To ensure the effectiveness of our grassroots network.we create Awareness
and sensitize the world on the just cause of Tibet. We believe that young
people can and must take responsibility to change our world for the better.

For more information visit www.sftindia.org ,www.studentsforafreetibet.org

---