---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kirity Roy <kirity...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:12 PM
Subject: (invites) Solidarity request: Murder In Plain Sight
To: article21...@googlegroups.com

Thanks to Tehelka team.
Also thanks to Ashok.
My suggestion to group members

Please send strongest protest letters to

1. 1. Shri Ved Marwah, His Excellency Governor of Manipur
govm...@hub.nic.in

2 Shri O. Ibobi Singh, Chief Minister, Manipur cmm...@hub.nic.in

*Wherever possible, we can mobilise our friends and start
stay-in-demonstration in front of the manipur State Residential
Commissioner of each state & in Delhi. We need 5-10 friends with 1-2
posters, for one hour. I am sure it can be possible.

I can assure that on 6th August at 2pm we will demonstrate before Manipur house.

We can change our programme, if there is any effective alternative
suggestion from any friend.

I am waiting for urgent reply.
with fraternity
Kirity

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main42.asp?filename=Ne080809murder_in.asp
Murder In Plain Sight
In Manipur, death comes easy. In this damning sequence of photos, a
local photographer captures the death of a young man, killed in a
false encounter by the police in broad daylight, 500 metres from the
state assembly. How can a State justify such a war against its own
people, asks TERESA REHMAN

Kirity Roy
Secretary
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM)
& National Convenor (PACTI)
Programme Against Custodial Torture & Impunity
26 Guitendal Lane
Howrah 711101
West Bengal INDIA
Mobile: 09903099699
Tele Fax : +91-33-2640 4118
Phone: +91-33-2640 4520
e. mail : kirity...@gmail.com
Web: www.masum.org.in

__._,_.___
Messages
Please use this information. Its free so share or forward or copy, but
USE! Thank you!

Attachments are stored on site, and not distributed. To download
please click on the link in the mail.

~~~~~~ IMPORTANT MESSAGE ~~~~~~~~~~
All bouncing mails will be deleted on the 1st of every month.
To resubscribe send a mail to invites-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

If you don't get mail for a week, send a blank email to
invi...@yahoogroups.com, follow instructions to unbounce your email.

We aim to provide correct and reliable information about upcoming
events. Please feel free to contact us if you notice incorrect or
misleading information and we will attempt to correct it.

Please ensure that this information is used. Share it widely... and
ALWAYS check before you go.
To discuss this and other issues, come to invitesp...@yahoogroups.com

opensp...@in.com is an unmonitored email ID; mails to it will not be answered.

to contact the moderators send mail to invites-modera...@yahoogroups.com

Group status:: 1 July 2009: Subscribers: 4220 (45 bouncing)

If god wanted us to kiss, why did he make noses?

And the folks at yahoo gently let us know that:
MARKETPLACE
Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their
families, for the world and for each other
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
format to Traditional
Recent Activity

 6
New Members