http://www.dnaindia.com/ahmedabad/1868965/report-govt-used-me-to-file-fake-complaint-builder-shrenik-shah

Govt used me to file fake complaint: Builder Shrenik Shah
Friday, Aug 2, 2013, 14:28 IST | Place: Ahmedabad | Agency: DNA

Roxy Gagdekar <http://www.dnaindia.com/authors/roxy-gagdekar>

Builder Shrenik Shah claims he was forced to file false complaint against
PI VL Solanki probing Sohrab case.

In a startling revelation, Shrenik Shah, a builder, on Thursday said some
government officials had approached him to file a false complaint against
retired police inspector VL Solanki. Shah is also a witness in a complaint
filed against suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt and had recorded his
statement under Section 164 CrPC in the case.

But, after the complaint was filed, the officials failed to fulfill their
promise. So, Shah submitted an affidavit at Chandkheda police station,
saying he would withdraw the complaint against Solanki and may also retract
the statement against Bhatt.

A complaint had been filed against Bhatt earlier by his former colleague KD
Panth with Ghatlodia police when Panth said he had been forced to sign an
affidavit to be submitted to the amicus curiae appointed by Supreme Court
in the 2002 Godhra riot cases.

Panth, in his complaint, had said that he was taken to the office of
Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia and then to the office of an advocate to
sign an affidavit.

Shah allegedly is a witness in that case and so he recorded his statement
with the police in Panth’s complaint. He was later approached by Solanki to
retract his statement.

Solanki hit the headlines when he investigated the Sohrabuddin fake
encounter case and found the links between Sohrab and Tulsiram Prajapati.

“My phone was tapped by the state government at that time and it came to
know that Solanki had approached me to retract my statement,” Shah said.
“Eventually, the government officials lured me into filing a fake complaint
against Solanki,” he added. “I filed the complaint against Solanki,” Shah
told *dna*. “I was promised that the government officials would help me
with a land deal. But they reneged on their promise. So, I have withdrawn
my complaint against Solanki,” he pointed out.

Police inspector AG Gohil confirmed that an affidavit, signed by Shah, had
been received.
He, however, refused to divulge other details. Investigating officer of the
case and ACP, L division, JC Patel, was not available for comment despite
repeated attempts.

Shah said he was consulting lawyers. “I was lured into making the statement
against Bhatt and I may soon reveal the truth, too,” he indicated.
-- 
Peace Is Doable

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Green Youth Movement" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/greenyouth.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to