http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/pune-techie-killed-sms-boasts-of-taking-down-first-wicket/article1-1226023.aspx

First wicket has fallen, say killers of Pune Muslim youth

Soon after killing a Muslim youth unconnected with uploading indecorous
morphed pictures of late Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray and Maratha icon
Chhatrapati Shivaji on Facebook, his alleged killers, belonging to a Hindu
extremist outfit, exchanged an ominous message on their mobiles. The
message said, 'Pahili wicket padli', which means: The first wicket has
fallen.

This message was circulated by members of the Hindu Rashtra Sena who have
been accused of killing 28-year-old IT graduate Mohsin Sadiq Shaikh during
Monday's protests over the morphed pictures, which were taken off the
social networking site on Friday.

*Read : Pune mob violence over 'Bal Thackeray pics' kills 1*
<http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/pune-mob-violence-over-bal-thackeray-pics-kills-one/article1-1225843.aspx>

"The message was circulated immediately after about 25 members of the Hindu
extremist outfit allegedly bludgeoned Shaikh to death," said Pune joint
commissioner of police Sanjay Kumar.

Considering the content of the message exchanged by the accused and the
weapons they were carrying, the police are probing whether the attack was
planned in advance.
Shaikh, sporting a beard and green Pathani kurta, was returning home in the
evening when the accused blocked his way in Hadapsar on the outskirts of
Pune, took him off his bike and hit him on the head with hockey sticks and
stones.

This sparked tension in the area, forcing the police to clamp curfew for 12
hours. Shaikh's cousin, who was accompanying him, escaped unhurt after he
fled from the spot while the two others, Ameen Shaikh, 30, and Ijaz Yusuf
Bagwan, 25, sustained injuries.

The police said the protesters had gathered in the area following rumours
that Shivaji's statue had been desecrated and a Hindu girl had been raped
by Muslim boys.

Within 24 hours of the killing, the police arrested 13 persons of whom
seven have been charged with murder. Among those arrested but not yet
charged with murder include Hindu Rashtra Sena chief Dhananjay Desai. The
police first recovered one of the bikes used in the attack, based on which
the other accused were arrested.

On Wednesday, a local court remanded all the accused to police custody till
June 9.

Rashtra Sena chief Desai has a criminal background, with cases such as
rioting and extortion registered against him in different police stations
in the city. The organisation he heads has been in existence for a decade.


-- 
Peace Is Doable

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Green Youth Movement" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/greenyouth.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to