[The "protesters" are screaming mad that Aamir Khan, a Muslim, has insulted Hinduism. Even if we opt to overlook that the film has referred to other religions as well, the glaring fact that remains that the director, producers, script writers are all Hindus. So are all the actors and actresses, save just two. And, Hindus, in thousands, are rushing to watch and enjoy the movie.
Good that the Maharashtra government has reversed its stand. Once the censor board has cleared the film - not only that, even the SC rejected outright a ban plea only too recently, the state police has just got no business to sit in judgement.] I/II. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/After-outcry-over-police-probe-order-against-PK-CM-says-show-will-go-on/articleshow/45711495.cms After outcry over police probe order against 'PK', CM says show will go on TNN | Jan 1, 2015, 02.48 AM IST MUMBAI: Within 24 hours of talk of a police probe into the contents of the Amir Khan-starrer 'PK', followed by angry reactions from the film fraternity, the state government went on the back foot on Wednesday. The climb-down, after an embarrassing order by a junior minister, came from none other than chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, who told TOI that 'PK' shows will go on and the state will take steps to ensure that the movie continues to be screened without hurdles. The CM said minister of state for home Ram Shinde's comments were "misrepresented" by the media. "Shinde had only assured that an IG would look into law and order issues related to the film. The Censor Board has certified the movie. No court in the country has objected to the movie or banned it. Therefore, the state has a clear stand that the shows of 'PK' should continue," Fadnavis said. "There won't be any screening for the police to examine the film's contents. We will go for such probes only if a court asks us to do so." Shinde, too, backtracked from his earlier statement, saying his statements had been "blown out of proportion". Asked about his specific directive to check the contents of the film, Shinde said it was to be decided by the IG (law & order). "My concern was to address growing complaints and angry reactions against the movie, which I conveyed to the police department." The film fraternity had not taken kindly to the intervention. Filmmakers said such probe orders were stunts to buy time as any controversy eventually dies down. "It is ridiculous. Do the police have the expertise to sit in judgment on a film?" a filmmaker had asked, terming Shinde's original statement an insult to the authority of the Censor Board. II. http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/pk-debate-maha-cm-says-no-probe-film-shows-to-continue/ Fadnavis: pk won't face ban or probe "There will be no inquiry. Shows of PK will continue all over Maharashtra and we will provide necessary protection to ensure smooth screening of the film," Fadnavis told reporters. "There will be no inquiry. Shows of PK will continue all over Maharashtra and we will provide necessary protection to ensure smooth screening of the film," Fadnavis told reporters. By: Express News Service | Mumbai | Posted: December 31, 2014 2:50 pm | Updated: December 31, 2014 10:04 pm A day after a junior minister asked police to study Aamir Khan-starrer pk to determine if it offended religious sentiments, Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday clarified that there was no need for a probe and the movie would run in the state without any disruption. Also read - Aamir Khan's 'PK' tax free in Uttar Pradesh "The Censor Board has already given its clearance to the movie. There have been petitions filed in the court against the movie, however, the court has not given any order to the state pertaining to the screening of the movie. The state government will ensure that the shows of the movie are held without any kind of problem," Fadnavis said. He also said that the state would provide necessary protection to ensure smooth screening of the movie. The Chief Minister also struck down the directive of one of his ministers to conduct a probe into the movie's contents. "There is no need to probe the movie," Fadnavis said. Must read - Censor Board chief on 'PK': 'Political and ideological groups' may advise followers not to watch it After sustained protests from right-wing groups, Maharashtra's MoS for Home Ram Shinde had asked the police to probe if pk offended sentiments of any community. Shinde had deputed ADGP Deven Bharati for investigation. "I have instructed Bharti to look into complaints from several individuals and organisations objecting to the film. I have asked him to check if there is anything objectionable in the film," Shinde had said on Tuesday. Shinde said that even though the film had been cleared by the Censor Board the government was keen to conduct its own inquiry to ensure that law and order were not affected. PK tax-free in UP Even as Bajrang Dal and other Hindu outfits continued with their protests across Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday declared Amir Khan-starrer pk entertainment tax free in the state. Akhilesh said he took the decision after watching the movie. "I should have seen it earlier but could not get time. Last night, I watched the movie. It has a message for heart and mind. I took the decision for making it tax free on my own," he said during an interaction with media. Akhilesh said those protesting against pk will start supporting it if they first watched the movie. "Those who are spoiling the atmosphere should go and watch the movie. I am sure they will emerge out praising it. It has been declared tax free so that they can go and watch it," he said. -- Peace Is Doable -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Green Youth Movement" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send an email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/greenyouth. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
