I/II.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2015/01/al-qaeda-yemen-charlie-hebdo-paris-attacks-201511410323361511.html

Al-Qaeda in Yemen claims Charlie Hebdo attack
Top leader of al-Qaeda in Arabian Peninsula says it ordered last
week's deadly attack on French satirical magazine.
Last updated: 14 Jan 2015 10:16

The paper had published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, which is
considered an insult to Islam [AFP]

A top leader of Yemen's al-Qaeda branch has claimed responsibility for
last week's attack on Paris satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo when two
masked gunmen killed 12 people, including much of the weekly's
editorial staff and two police officers.

Nasr al-Ansi, a top commander of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or
AQAP as the branch is known, appeared in an 11-minute video posted
online on Wednesday, saying that the massacre at Charlie Hebdo was in
"vengeance for the prophet".

Al-Ansi said that France belongs to the "party of Satan" and warned of
more "tragedies and terror". He said that Yemen's al-Qaida branch
"chose the target, laid out the plan and financed the operation".

The paper had published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, which is
considered an insult to Islam.

On Saturday, another senior AQAP member Harith al-Nadhari also claimed
responsibility for the attack in an audio recording, saying the
shooting was an operation to teach the French the limits of freedom of
expression.

II.
http://news.yahoo.com/qaeda-yemen-claims-attack-frances-charlie-hebdo-095427556.html

Qaeda in Yemen claims attack on France's Charlie Hebdo
AFP
42 minutes ago

 Al-Malahem Media -- the media arm of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian
Peninsula (AQAP) -- shows Nasser al-Ansi claiming responsibility for
the attack on the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo's
offices in Paris
.
View gallery

Dubai (AFP) - Al-Qaeda in Yemen has claimed responsibility for the
attack on Charlie Hebdo in a video posted online, saying it was
"vengeance" for the French weekly's cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.


Nasser al-Ansi, one of the chiefs of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula
(AQAP), said the attack was ordered by Ayman al-Zawahiri, the jihadist
network's global commander.

"We, Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, claim responsibility for this
operation as vengeance for the messenger of Allah," Ansi said in the
video entitled "A message regarding the blessed battle of Paris."

AQAP was formed in January 2009 as a merger of the Yemeni and Saudi
branches of Al-Qaeda. Washington regards it as the network's most
dangerous branch and has carried out a sustained drone war against its
leaders.

"The leadership of (AQAP) was the party that chose the target and
plotted and financed the plan... It was following orders by our
general chief Ayman al-Zawahiri," Ansi said.

"The heroes were chosen and they answered the call," he said.

View galleryPeople queue outside a newsagents in Paris on January …
People queue outside a newsagents in Paris on January 14, 2015, with
the "survivor's issue& …
Speaking over footage of the attack that killed 12 people, Ansi said:
"Today, the mujahedeen avenge their revered prophet, and send the
clearest message to everyone who would dare to attack Islamic
sanctities."

Ansi referenced a warning by the late chief of Al-Qaeda, Osama bin
Laden, who was killed by US commandos in May 2011.

"If the freedom of your speech is not restrained, then you should
accept the freedom of our actions," he said.

Charlie Hebdo had angered Muslims in the past by printing cartoons
lampooning Mohammed and Islam.

The claim of responsibility coincided with the return of Charlie Hebdo
to newsstands, amid unprecedented demand that saw the paper to print
five million copies.

The new issue features another cartoon of Mohammed on its cover, with
tears in his eyes, holding a "Je Suis Charlie" sign under the headline
"All is forgiven".

The perpetrators of the attack, brothers Said and Cherif Kouachi, were
known to have trained with AQAP.

AQAP has a record of launching attacks far from its base in Yemen,
including a bid to blow up a US airliner over Michigan on Christmas
Day in 2009.

The group recently called for its supporters to carry out attacks in
France, which is part of a US-led coalition conducting air strikes
against jihadists from the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria.
-- 
Peace Is Doable

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Green Youth Movement" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/greenyouth.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to