Yet another egregious lie from the lie manufaturing machine: Sonia Gandhi
behind Jayendra Saraswathi's arrest on murder charge

<<In 2004, Saraswathi was arrested in connection with the Sankararaman
murder case.>>
(Source: <
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayendra_Saraswathi#Arrest_and_Acquittal>.)
He was arrested by the Tamil Nadu Police.

One of the lying minion, on whose wall (<
https://www.facebook.com/joydeep.sen.399041?fref=ufi>) this egregious lie
had appeared, explained:
<<Read Coalition Years by Hon'ble Former Prez Pranab Mukherjee😊>>

Now, let's look into the relevant facts.

<<Sankararaman murder case was a case on the murder of Sankararaman, the
manager of Varadharaja Perumal Temple in Kanchipuram, a town in the South
Indian state of Tamil Nadu. He was murdered in the premises of the temple
on 3 September 2004.
The ***report by investigative journalist Dhanasekaran Prakash in the Tamil
weekly Nakkeeran and the confession by the surrendered, lead to the arrest
of Jayendra Saraswati and Vijayendra Saraswati*** [emphasis added], the
seers of the Kanchi Mutt, a popular South Indian monastic institution.
Sankararaman is alleged to have constantly leveled accusations against the
Kanchi seers and the functioning of the Kanchi Mutt. He is alleged to have
sent anonymous letters to the Mutt.>>
(Source: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankararaman_murder_case>.)

Not only that: Here are some more accounts, both recent and at the time of
the crime:
I. <https://m.rediff.com/news/2004/nov/13agn1.htm>
II. <
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/kanchi-seer-jayendra-saraswathi-a-spiritual-colossus-till-his-arrest-in-2004/articleshow/63106383.cms?from=mdr

III. <
https://ramanan50.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/jayendra-saraswati-acquittal-baffling/

IV. <
http://www.firstpost.com/india/shankaracharya-acquitted-in-sankararaman-case-key-case-facts-1252729.html

***None of the reports, cited above, as regards Jayendra Saraswati even
remotely mentions Sonia Gandhi.***

Now, let's look into the lie concerning Mukherjee churned out by the lie
manufacturing machine.
<<“Nothing exemplifies my temper more than the episode that involved the
arrest of Jayendra Saraswati, the Shankaracharya of Kanchi, on 12 November
2004. It was the time when the entire country was celebrating Diwali.
During the Cabinet meeting, I was extremely critical of the timing of the
arrest and questioned if the basic tenets of secularism of the Indian state
machinery dare to arrest a Muslim cleric during Eid festivities? M.K.
Narayanan, then Special Advisor to Prime Minister, also agreed with me. I
immediately issued instructions for the Shankaracharya to be released on
bail.’’>>
That's how Mukherjee has been quoted here: <
http://www.newindianexpress.com/thesundaystandard/2017/oct/15/pranab-mukherjee-joined-manmohan-singh-cabinet-on-sonia-gandhis-insistence-1674331.html
>.

There's not even the faintest hint that the Congress or Sonia Gandhi had
anything to do with the arrest.
It's quite another matter that Saraswathi was not released on bail
"immediately".
(He had been arrested on Nov. 11 2004 and would be released on bail on Jan.
10 2005, almost after two months spending behind the bars).
Presumably, because, it was beyond the remit of the Union government.
That's just another aspect, which further underscores the lie linking Sonia
Gandhi to the arrest.

A unit of the lie manufacturing machine hosted at <
https://hinduexistence.org/2018/02/01/sonia-gandhi-hates-hindus-says-former-president-pranab-mukherjees-new-book/>
makes its adventurous leap based on the New Indian Express report citing
the quote from the third volume of Mukherjee's memoir.

<<Mukherjee has disclosed how under the leadership of Sonia Gandhi, Hindus
have been implicated in the target. Within a few months of coming to power
in November 2004, Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati was arrested in a false
case of murder on the occasion of Diwali. At the time of his arrest, he was
preparing for 2500 years of pilgrimage to Trikal. After the arrest, he was
also shown abusive charges like porn CD and tampering. However, this
allegation has never been proved.
Pranab Mukherjee has mentioned this incident in his book ‘The Coalition
Years 1996-2012’. He wrote that “I was very angry with this arrest and in
the Cabinet meeting I raised this issue too. I asked the question, Is the
scale of secularism in the country limited to Hindu saints only? Can a
state police show the courage to arrest a Muslim cleric on the occasion of
Eid?“>>.

Anyone, with some minimum intelligence and above, can all too easily make
out that the first para above is no way supported by the second one, which
reproduces the actual quote from Mukherjee carried by the New Indian
Express.

Thus an egregious lie is manufactured and is now in circulation with the
help of the minions.

For the tweets, propagating the lie, and the full report, click here: <
https://www.facebook.com/sukla.sen/posts/10215596422968812>.

Sukla
--
Peace Is Doable