[The reference to 2004 is significant and speaks for itself.
Also, no taboo is cited.

<<"In order to defeat the BJP, our efforts for unifying secular forces will
take different shapes in different states. Post election we will decide on
the formation of new government. Like 1996, 1998 and 2004, post the 2019
poll, an alternative front will come and there will be a secular
government," claimed Yechury.
The central committee of the CPI(M), which met here Saturday and Sunday,
has reiterated that its main task for the 2019 elections is to defeat BJP
alliance and to ensure that an alternative secular government is formed at
the Centre.
"The main tasks that it had set before the party was to defeat the BJP
alliance; to increase the strength of the CPI(M) and the Left in the Lok
Sabha and to ensure that an alternative secular government is formed at the
Centre," he said.>>]

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/politics/alternative-secular-govt-to-be-formed-at-centre-post-2019-lok-sabha-polls-sitaram-yechury-3301321.html?fbclid=IwAR2fsdHQmKeX9A7x4UpaR2DdDTni-mHIvb68tVc2uzOuu-8KVn3t7YyaFts

Last Updated : Dec 17, 2018 10:09 PM IST | Source: PTI

Alternative secular govt to be formed at Centre post 2019 Lok Sabha polls:
Sitaram Yechury
Addressing a press conference, he said the party was working on the unity
of secular forces at the state level to defeat the BJP alliance in the Lok
Sabha elections.

PTI
@moneycontrolcom

CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury Monday claimed that a secular,
alternative government will be formed at the Centre after the general
elections in 2019.

Addressing a press conference, he said the party was working on the unity
of secular forces at the state level to defeat the BJP alliance in the Lok
Sabha elections.

"In order to defeat the BJP, our efforts for unifying secular forces will
take different shapes in different states. Post election we will decide on
the formation of new government. Like 1996, 1998 and 2004, post the 2019
poll, an alternative front will come and there will be a secular
government," claimed Yechury.

Reacting to DMK leader MK Stalin's support to Rahul Gandhi as the prime
ministerial face of the opposition, he said, "We have always maintained
that we have learnt from our country's history. Formation of an alternative
government at the Centre is possible post election."

The central committee of the CPI(M), which met here Saturday and Sunday,
has reiterated that its main task for the 2019 elections is to defeat BJP
alliance and to ensure that an alternative secular government is formed at
the Centre.

Yechury said the central committee has asked the state units of the party
to make preparations in consonance with tactical line for next general
elections.

"The main tasks that it had set before the party was to defeat the BJP
alliance; to increase the strength of the CPI(M) and the Left in the Lok
Sabha and to ensure that an alternative secular government is formed at the
Centre," he said.

First Published on Dec 17, 2018 10:05 pm

--
Peace Is Doable