[(Pls. visit the site for the video clips.)

<<Speaking to the media from Ajmer where he is slated to attend a
literature festival, Shah said, "What I said earlier was as a worried
Indian. What did I say this time that I am being termed as a traitor? I am
expressing concerns about the country I love, the country that is my home.
How is that a crime?"

Shah became the centre of heated debates after he said that he is worried
about his children in today’s India. The actor said there is a "poison"
that has spread in the Indian society.

"I feel anxious for my children because tomorrow if a mob surrounds them
and asks, 'Are you a Hindu or a Muslim?' they will have no answer. It
worries me that I don't see the situation improving anytime soon," he said.

He also made an apparent reference to the recent mob violence in Uttar
Pradesh's Bulandshahr, saying that the death of a cow is being given more
importance than the killing of a policeman.>>

Shah, originally a stage actor, would later act in movies as well.
Quite a few.
In leading roles
One of the very best ever.
I, for one, would remember him most for his: 'Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyoon
Aata Hai?"

He won't, eventually,  be allowed, by the goon brigade, to deliver his
scheduled keynote address at the Ajmer Lit-Fest.
Such are the days now.]

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/not-a-traitor-says-naseeruddin-shah-1414415-2018-12-21?fbclid=IwAR0ENPa0SbN0loS_Wen4XNs5AJoX69NEZNSO-K1Yqt7XkfK0guuBb4i4jyk

How does concern for country make me a traitor, asks Naseeruddin Shah
Shah became the centre of heated debates after he said that he is worried
about his children in today’s India. The actor said there is a 'poison'
that has spread in the Indian society.

IndiaToday.in
New Delhi

December 21, 2018UPDATED: December 21, 2018 15:23 IST

Naseeruddin Shah
Actor Naseeruddin Shah had said death of a cow is being given more
importance than killing of a policeman. (Photo: facebook/Naseeruddin Shah)

A day after a controversy broke out over actor Naseeruddin Shah's comments
about rising communal sentiments in India, the actor has now responded to
the barbs directed his way.

[...]

Trolls say the usual - ask Shah to leave India

Shah became the target of online trolls as well as right-wing groups, with
many accusing him of being a traitor. A mob descended on the site of the
Ajmer Literature Festival, where Shah is a guest and resorted to vandalism
to lodge their protest.

Criticising Shah for his remarks, Rajya Sabha MP Rakesh Sinha said,
"Naseeruddin Shah should first ask Rohingya to leave Hindustan as according
to him India is unsafe for him and his family. An artist should not be part
of a sinister design of anti-civil society propaganda. His statement shows
his low thinking."

The Shiv Sena also slammed Shah. Shiv Sena MP Arvind Sawant said, "If his
kids are caught in a mob, they should say they are Indians/Hindustani...Why
are they scared?"

Haryana BJP minister Anil Vij mocked Shah's statement on Bulandshahr
saying, "Naseeruddin ji, we give cows as much as importance as humans. If
you also start giving cows the same importance, your problems will be
solved on their own."

A user commented on the YouTube video shared by Karwan-e-Mohabbat India,
saying "I think Gulfam Hasan's character played by him in 'Sarfarosh' is
actually his real character. Anti-Indian elements are using social media
very shrewdly."

The comment was in reference to his character in the 1998 action-drama
"Sarfarosh" in which he played a Pakistani singer who aids cross-border
terrorism in the garb of spreading music.

"This is the same guy who signed a mercy petition for Yakub Memon. Problem
is within you Mr Gulfam Hassan Naseeruddin Shah," a user wrote on Twitter.

"Criminals and corrupt have to fear in India. Go to Pakistan Naseeruddin
Shah," another user commented.

The criticism took a near-comical turn with Uttar Pradesh Navnirman Sena
claiming that they had booked a flight ticket for Shah to Pakistan. Booking
a ticket from Mumbai to Karachi for August 14, Pakistan's Independence Day,
party chief Amit Jani said, "If Naseeruddin Shah is scared in India, he
should not delay in leaving for Pakistan. I have booked a ticket for him
for for August 14 Pakistan Independence Day, so that India has one less
traitor."

The Vishwa Hindu Parishad accused Shah of being a paid actor. Releasing a
statement, the right-wing organisation said, "It is Shah's profession to
take money and act. His comments on the Bulandshahr incident seem similarly
motivated."

WATCH | Actor Naseeruddin Shah rings intolerance alarm

--
Peace Is Doable