On Tue, 13 Aug 2019, Marcin Błażejowski wrote:

> On 13.08.2019 12:09, Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Aug 2019, Marcin Błażejowski wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> what such an error means (haavelmo machine, MPI in 20 threads):
> >
> > Just for the record: "haavelmo" is a server at UnivPM I gave Marcin
> > access to for the purpose of testing MPI-related stuff (In case you
> > people were wondering!).
>
> It looks like the problem with concurent access to the file. I solved
> the issue, but the solution is quite numb:
> ##########################
> loop i=0..$mpisize-1 --quiet
>     if ($mpirank == i)
>         MODEL = bread("MODEL")
>     else
>         sleep(1)
>     endif
> endloop

Hmm, that's a bit puzzling. Deserializing a bundle from file involves
calling xmlParseFile() from libxml2, then working on the document tree
in memory. It's a read-only operation, so far as I know, so I'm not
sure why there would be a contention issue.

Possibly relevant questions: Is the bundle file gzipped or just plain
XML? How/when is the bundle file created?

Allin