This is an overall reply to Sven's points about building gretl on Windows, including building against GTK 3 (GTK 2 being the default
to date).

* I've made a few changes to install-runtime.sh.in and pkgbuild.sh which hopefully should fix the issues Sven mentioned.

* I've updated the special "deps" packages mentioned in the building guide. They now include libgsf, which should get used in the build automatically and should overcome the 4 GB limit on compressed data.

* The gretl-winbuild PDF doc is updated correspondingly.

* I've added to git a template file install-runtime-gtk3.sh.in which will be used to generate the new file install-runtime-gtk3.sh at configure time. This is unlikely to be right as it stands, but hopefully Sven can tweak it. At present you'll have to manually substitute a call to install-runtime-gtk3.sh in place of install-runtime.sh. Eventually it should be possible either to make that selection automatically, or to produce a generalized script that serves for both GTK 2 and GTK 3.

Allin