Am 12.11.2019 um 00:36 schrieb Allin Cottrell:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2019, Sven Schreiber wrote:

My pkgconf.sh, on the other hand, is a suggestion for what the user
might pass to gretl's configure script -- in the highly unlikely event
that he or she is aiming to build a redistributable gretl package on
MS Windows!

We could, I guess, add to git a special "pkgbuild" directory under
"win32" in the source tree, holding some or all of the
package-building scripts. But no auto-generated counterparts would
appear in the user's build directory, such scripts being prior to
"configure".

The latter is basically what I meant, maybe accompanied by a README
saying that the contents of the package building scripts are just
suggestions and refer to the pdf guide. (Also with respect to the used
TeX distro, for example.)

But if the current (mild) server fragmentation doesn't bother you, maybe
just leave it as is.

cheers

sven