On Sat, 21 Mar 2020, Artur Tarassow wrote:

Sorry, but I've explored some further issues:

1) "DATUM" is a date string in the format YYYY-MM-DD. This format seems to cause trouble as an error occurs for the query:
QUERY: "SELECT DATUM FROM OV_AS_LAB_LUMEN.IFO_DATA LIMIT 10"

<output>
SQL query: 'SELECT DATUM FROM OV_AS_LAB_LUMEN.IFO_DATA LIMIT 10'
SQLConnect(dbc,...): SQL_SUCCESS
Number of columns = 1
col 1 (DATUM): data_type invalid, size 10, digits 0, invalid 'nullable' value!

Hold it there! What's the actual SQL data type of this column? Obviously it's not recognized by gretl (though "invalid" is probably too strong a judgment). You say it's a "date string", and gretl recognizes these string types: SQL_CHAR, SQL_VARCHAR, SQL_WCHAR and SQL_WVARCHAR.

We don't currently handle the SQL_DATE type. That's something I'm working on right now, but it doesn't sound as if this is an SQL_DATE column.

Allin