Am 09.10.2021 um 19:56 schrieb Allin Cottrell:
On Sat, 9 Oct 2021, Sven Schreiber wrote:

On 09.10.21 01:14, Allin Cottrell wrote:

Those two points should (hopefully) now be fixed in git and snapshots.

Hmm, not really for the first one. (The sample selection seems to work
fine now.) This is current git (master branch) on Linux.

(The other issue about the un-adjusted end date also still applies.)

This should now be stabilized in git and today's win64 snapshot (other
snapshots to follow).

Confirmed!

As for entering an invalid date, it should snap to a valid one if you
press Enter in the entry-box for the spin button. I don't think there's
any useful way to show an error message.

I can see it does that now. I'm not sure many people will hit Enter
after they've changed the date in the GUI, though. When you click on
Forward (or Next, or whatever) then it feels as if the entry is just
ignored. It's not a problem, especially not for me, but I guess since
people do not consciously enter wrong dates, they will blame gretl for
the alleged ignorance.

(In principle the free space underneath the date field in the same
window could perhaps be used to display a message like "nonsensical
date", but I guess it's overkill, and gretl usually doesn't deliver
warnings in such a way, so perhaps better not to start that now.)

thanks
sven