Am 05.11.2021 um 17:37 schrieb Cottrell, Allin:
On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 11:57 AM Sven Schreiber <sveto...@gmx.net> wrote:
Hm, even trying Listing 1 from the gretl + MPI guide (wrapped inside an
mpi block) fails for me on the latest snapshot, whereas it runs OK
(only) if I comment out the following two lines at the top:

set use_dcmt off # or not?
set seed 12337

Is there a difference between an mpi block and directly running this
stuff in the gretlmpi program?
Yes, "use_dcmt" is specific to gretlmpi. If you want to turn off dcmt
for an MPI block, use the --single-rng option.

Alright. Follow-up question: If I run a slight variation of Listing 1,
namely inside an mpi block, and without the use_dcmt setting (see below
for the pasted code), I get the output OK, but then gretl also tells me
that the "external command failed" (translated). What's that supposed to
mean? Oh, and this is happening quite often, but not in every attempt,
so there seems to be some kind of flakiness involved, too.

Latest Windows snapshot here.

thanks

sven

-----

<hansl>

mpi
    set seed 12337
    matrix X = mnormal(3,3)
    if $mpirank > 0
        # send matrix to node 0
        mpisend(X, 0)
    else
        printf "root, my matrix\n%#13.7g\n", X
        scalar n = $mpisize - 1
        loop i=1..n
            Xi = mpirecv(i)
            printf "matrix from rank %d\n%#13.7g\n", i, Xi
        endloop
    endif
end mpi
</hansl>