On Thu, 25 Nov 2021, Sven Schreiber wrote:

working with the local decimal comma, I saved a session file. Then I
changed the settings to not use the decimal comma, and restarted gretl.
I reloaded the saved session, and then in the settings dialog I saw a
comma for example in the numeric field for "standard plot scaling".

Restarting gretl again and _not_ loading the session worked as expected,
i.e. no decimal comma anymore. Somehow the session settings seem to
override the global user switch.

It's by design that when you open a session file we restore gretl's state as of the time when the file was saved, including the decimal comma choice.

However, there was a "gotcha" with the decimal choice: a change took effect only on restarting gretl. So if you opened a session with decimal comma you couldn't get rid of it while the session file was open. That's now fixed in git: we activate the changed preference right away.

Allin