On 12/01/2022 23:51, Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2022, Johannes Lips wrote:

On 12/01/2022 20:45, Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2022, Johannes Lips wrote:

Hi all,

when trying to replicate the issue Sven faced in another thread. I came across the issue that currently the shipped addons are not built and installed in
fedora.
I am using the gretl spec file, which can be found at [1].
I tried adding
%configure    --disable-static \
        --disable-avx \
    --with-mpi \
    --with-dbnomics \
    --with-extra \
    --with-geoplot \
    --with-gig \
    --with-ivpanel \
    --with-SVAR
the addons to the configure command, but no luck. Could you please tell me how
to build and install these addons?

Johannes, the addons get built if you pass --enable-build-addons.

I should explain: we didn't make that the default because the build
requires quite a full TeX setup. The idea is that if the addons are
not included in a gretl package for Linux, they should get downloaded
from sourceforge on demand.

Ok, but then something else might be broken, because I couldn't install the dbnomics function package from gretl. When accessing File - Databases - DB.NOMICS I get the error message in the terminal: load function package: failed on /usr/share/gretl/functions/dbnomics/dbnomics.gfn

OK, we need to investigate that -- accessing that menu item ought to cause gretl to download the dbnomics addon from sourceforge, if it's not already installed.

But I couldn't install the dbnomics function package from File - Function package - On server, because it's not present in the list.

That's expected, because dbnomics isn't a contributed package, it's an "official" addon. Could you see what happens if you try under /Help/Check for addons ? (Though that shouldn't be necessary.)
Thank you, this worked flawlessly and I could see all the available addons and was able to install dbnomics. Afterwards, I could of course also browse the dbnomics database. I will check how big of an issue the inclusion of them would be, when building gretl.

Johannes

Not sure what's missing or wrong here, but that's why I thought I should compile them for installing them from the beginning.

If TeX isn't a blocker, that would be good. But we need to see what's going wrong with the other pathway (when the addons are not buit into the gretl-for-Linux package).

Allin