On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 8:47 PM Cottrell, Allin <cottr...@wfu.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 12:39 PM yinung at Gmail <yinung.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for quick responses. I re-tested it and found that "adding
> > observations" windows occurs if the estimated AR is without a constant. For
> > example,
> >
> > open bjg.gdt
> > smpl ; -10
> > model1 <- arima 1 0 1; g --nc
> >
> > Then, turn to GUI of model1 to do the forecasts.
>
> Thanks for the report, Yi-Nung. I see what you mean. We'll try to fix
> that as soon as we can.

This is now fixed in git and snapshots. For the record, the issue was
that despite reserving 10 observations for forecasting, via

smpl ; -10

Yi-Nung found that after estimating (via the GUI) an ARIMA model
without a constant, gretl reported that there were no observations
available for forecasting.

The problem was specific to the GUI, and to the case where the model
had no regressors as such.

Allin