Hi,

I'm facing a problem in ubuntu 22.04 which runs in the Windows Subsystem for Linux, with support for graphical apps (version 2, WSLg), in Windows 11.

The build runs fine, but at the "sudo make install" stage I'm getting:

xdg-desktop-menu install gretl.desktop --novendor
xdg-desktop-menu: No writable system menu directory found.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:53: xdg-install] Error 3
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/heyho/gretlgitRW/buildgretl/xdg'
make: *** [Makefile:89: install] Error 1

Note that the standard Ubuntu gretl package runs fine, and with that I mean the GUI program and all. But before building from a fresh git checkout, I have un-installed the stock package, using apt.

I guess the problem comes from the fact that in this situation there is no real Ubuntu desktop area.

Any ideas how to work around this problem? Some switches at the configure stage?

thanks

sven