Am 15.01.2024 um 19:19 schrieb Cottrell, Allin:
On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 3:22 AM Sven Schreiber
<sven.schrei...@fu-berlin.de>  wrote:

However, before the year 2023 (I think) the example above would yield an
error, because inside the f1 function the object b wouldn't be defined
and couldn't be directly passed on to f2.

I checked gretl's changelog and couldn't find a related entry, but I
know we had some discussions (partly off-list) in 2023 about it.

So assuming that this behavior is here to stay, the question is, which
gretl version is the minimal one to support it? I'm guessing 2023b or 2023c.
gretl 2023b was the first version to support this. The work was done
shortly after the 2023a release.

OK, thanks Allin!

cheers

sven