Am 21.01.2024 um 23:26 schrieb Allin Cottrell:

If you try adding bars via the GUI plot dialog and select "Other" (to skip NBER recessions), then click "See example", you get an example, with a comment that includes "each non-comment line must contain two space-separated dates in the format YYYY:MM". If you supply dates in this format they will work with annual data.
I saw that comment, but I wouldn't know what the format YYYY:MM means with annual data. Taking the year 2020 for example, would the proper format be 2020:00 or 2020:01 or 2020:1 or ... ?

However, we will now (in git, with snapshots to follow) accept two plain years per line. In this case the month is implicitly 1 for the first year and 12 for the second.

that's great!

thanks

sven