On Wed, 21 Dec 2022, lars.ahnl...@outlook.com wrote:

Big thanks! The offset variable should be "population" as I have understood it.
But I don´t really understand how to implement it, do you?

What the offset variable should be depends on how your model is specified and what aims to describe; in fact, it may be the case that you don't need an offset variable at all.

If you need a literature pointer to clarify the matter, the concept is briefly but clearly explained in Greene(2012, 7th ed.) in Section 18.4.5, at the start of page 808.

  Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
  Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

  Università Politecnica delle Marche
  (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

  r.lucche...@univpm.it
  http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti