On 28/02/2024 21:59, Brian Revell wrote:
Jack, just to clarify, my query was  about using the forecast option with a panel dataset, for forecasting within the sample time period range in each panel unit,    in which the forecast is the fitted value. The graphics function treats contiguous observations in adjacent panel units and plots them as such when calling up Analysis; Forecast from a pooled OLS model with DVs, thereby making the graph line for the dependent variable continuous. The forecast function is not available when specifying FE or RE Panel models.

I'm aware of that, Brian, thanks. It so happened that your message started a discussion among developers on more general points. Again, I shouldn't have spammed the whole user list with my message, which was just an internal memo. Sorry, again!

  Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
  Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

  Università Politecnica delle Marche
  (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

  r.lucche...@univpm.it
  http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti