Hallo,

(Cc-ing H-P. Teufel explicitly, since he's not subscribed to the
mailing list when sending the mail to the mailing list, which I just
let the moderation queue bypass)

* h-p.teu...@web.de [Mon Dec 18, 2023 at 12:21:12PM +0100]:

> wie möchten und das 14 tägliche herunterladen der testing-Versin ersparen,
> und sie bitten und mitzuteilen, sobald der W-Lan Treiber
> rtl8188fufw.bin
> in die lib/firmware/rtlwifi/ eingefügt wurde.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Eisenach
>
> H-P. Teufel
>
> Mit "neudeutsch" kann ich ihnen nicht dienen. Auch des Angebot von "Deepl"
> wurde von 5000 Zeichen auf 1500 Zeichen gekürzt.
>

> Hello gentlemen,
>
> We would like to save you the trouble of downloading the testing version 14
> times a day and ask you to let us know as soon as the W-Lan driver has been
> added.

Grml is based on Debian, so *usually* only once the rtl8188fufw.bin
firmware file makes it to an according firmware package of Debian,
Grml will pick it up. :)

According to
https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=788378&sid=64e91139e2212e972b4c7693233ec9ec#p788378
there are chances this might happen soonish, given that
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/snapshot/linux-firmware-main.tar.gz
seems to already include the file? Reaching out to the Debian kernel
folks might be worth it, if it's important for you.

Once
https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=rtl8188fufw.bin&mode=path&suite=testing&arch=any
reports the file to be included in a Debian package, chances are
that Grml might also provide it then. :)

regards
-mika-