From: groff-bounces+anik.wadehra=nechclst...@gnu.org
[mailto:groff-bounces+anik.wadehra=nechclst...@gnu.org] On Behalf Of
Axel Kielhorn
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 9:17 PM
To: groff-Liste groff-Liste
Subject: Re: [Groff] Unable to support Eastern (japanese) in powerpc.

Am 08.06.2010 um 11:22 schrieb Anik Wadehra:

> Hi All,
>
> I have cross-compiled groff with ppc architecture successfully.
>
> When I move the application to my ppc machine and try to convert text
> ps (groff -Tps text.txt > postscript.ps).
>
> In case of Japanese postscript contains garbage characters but English
> text is correctly converted to ps.
>
> On close examination when I do diff of two ps files i.e. containing
> Japanese characters made on x86 arch. and ppc arch.
>
> The only difference is in "DocumentNeededResource" which both files
are
> using. The 86 arch File used font Ryumen-Light-EUC-H and ppc arch uses
> Times Roman.
>
> Kindly suggest some inputs.

You do have the fonts on the PPC machine and specified in the download
file?
And they are in the correct directory?

I "lost" my postscript fonts when updating to 1.20.1 and forget to move
the fonts from the 1.20 font directory.

Axel

DISCLAIMER:

intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .