At 2018-04-21T04:19:06+1000, John Gardner wrote:
> I've been so anxious to finish this and show everybody but I'm blocked on a
> retarded issue of panning/zooming transformations that require a
> math-empowered brain that's better than mine... :(

I remember some linear algebra, if that might be helpful.  The kind of
stuff that's covered here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_matrix#Examples_in_2D_computer_graphics

Though panning is a different beast.  Panning implies losing some
information and gaining other info, which is a different kettle of fish
from scaling/shearing/reflection and similar operations.

What is the problem you are tying to solve?

--
Regards,
Branden