On Tue, Feb 20, 2024, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:

> > Processed with
> >   pdfmom -Kutf8 -k  timeline.mom > timeline.pdf
> > the é is garbage.
>
> If I swap the order of the options:
>
>   pdfmom -k -Kutf8 timeline.mom >timeline.pdf
>
> or leave out the "-k" entirely (since it is implied by "-K"):
>
>   pdfmom -Kutf8 timeline.mom >timeline.pdf
>
> it works on my machine.

Same here.  However, pdfmom is supposed to accept all the same
options as groff.  Here, it does not, since "-Kutf8 -k" is
acceptable to groff.

  groff -Tpdf -Kutf8 -k -mom timeline.mom > timeline.pdf

works but

  pdfmom -Kutf8 -k timeline.mom > timeline.pdf

fails.

Deri's not with us these days and I'm loathe to muck about in
somebody else's code.  Perhaps someone less timid could have a look.
Alternatively, I suppose the documentation for -K could simply be
amended to read "don't use -k with -K" (though more elegantly
worded) instead of "implies -k".

--
Peter Schaffter
https://www.schaffter.ca