Hi Larry,

At 2026-09-27T23:45:29-0500, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> Once again I didn't get a copy of this mail; I guess GMail's hatred of
> GNU outbound SMTP hosts is undiminished.

It wasn't undelivered, just routed to spam.  No telling why.

> > I've attached a test source document, and nroff outputs for .DS with
> > and without a preceding .br , and another using .BD .  Without that
> > break, the last line of the paragraph before the display follows the
> > display to the next page. If I need to file a formal bug report,
> > I'll grimace and get set up on savannah. 
> 
> I'll poke my snoot into this, but may be delayed a day or three while
> dealing with the security release.

The security release is out and my snoot has recovered some freedom, so
I looked into this.

Long story short, the misbehavior you're seeing (that requires you to
put `.br` before `.DS`) was a regression bug in groff 1.23.0.

I took your `test.n` documented and formatted it with several groff
releases using `nroff -ms`.

Here's a table of my findings.

1.22.3  correct
1.22.4  correct
1.23.0  BUGGY
1.24.0  correct
1.24.1  correct
1.24.2  correct

This problem appears to have the same cause as this ticket.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?66339

Regards,
Branden

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to