On 12/4/13 11:22 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Anyway, looks like every pdb I convert using above
command leads to this warning, for example, when I try with 1TIT:
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/explore/explore.do?structureId=1TIT

I also get the same kind of warning while loading generated .gro file,
telling me that something is "strange" with the last residue.

Maybe gromacs is using a different nomenclature inside the generated .gro
file that VMD is failing to understand, but the problem looks to appear in
all cases I have tested

Check what those atoms are and whether or not they should be bonded. If they're just two molecules or residues that are spatially proximal, there's nothing wrong. If there is some distorted geometry leading to a strange bond, then energy minimization should take care of it.

For what it's worth, VMD throws this message all the time and it rarely means anything. Your topology within Gromacs is definitive. External software is not.

-Justin