You can choose different termini by setting the option term (-term) to pdb2gmx.

The ff gromos 53a6 has a strong tendency to destabilize alpha helices and
favors sheets. If you like to stick to gromos ff you need to switch to the 54a7
more recent version to which a rectification of this bias has been attempt.