On 1/27/14, 2:15 PM, José Adriano da Silva wrote:
  I am new to Gromacs, then follow the tutorial protein-ligand, decided to
adapt the procedure for my protein (acetylcholinesterase) and my binder. The
procedure is this (protein-ligand complex):

<http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/comp
lex/index.html>
http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/compl
ex/index.html

Well, I switched to facilitate the name of my protein and my binder by the
names used in the tutorial. The problem occurs when I do the command:

grompp -f em.mdp -c solv.gro -p topol.top -o ions.tpr

The following error occurs:

Fatal error:

Molecule type 'Protein_chain_A' contains no atoms

The error suggests that the topology is probably empty, which you can inspect with a text editor. Maybe pdb2gmx failed, but the fatal error from that step should have been quite obvious. Otherwise, some modification that you have made to the topology has rendered its format unintelligible.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences