On 4/10/14, 2:51 AM, gsettanni wrote:
Hi Justin and Roland,

we are interested in simulating a glycosilated protein. We already have a
pdb file  (and psf topology) with  the charmm/namd format/nomenclature. We
managed to have pdb2gmx read the carbohydrate residues by adding the
relative entries in the residuetypes.dat, however we have not yet been able
to add the covalent bonds necessary to reproduce the correct branched
carbohydrate chains. Is there any solution for that?
Roland seems to have one, although suboptimal. would it be possible to share
it?

Using specbond.dat might help, but often these types of patches will require modification of atom types depending on the linkage, so there isn't any solution completely within pdb2gmx that will suffice, outside of building a residue from the original PRES entries in the CHARMM files, which is what it sounds like Roland's program does.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy