On 6/19/14, 4:12 PM, Nilesh Dhumal wrote:
Hello,

I am running 30ns simulation divided into 30 1ns simulations. I am saving
the velocities  each 5fs and I can't run a single 30ns simulation with
saving velocities each 5 fs. I am running 30 simulations,each is 1ns. I
get the velocities and delete the trajectory and go for next simulation.

for (( i = 1; i <= 29; i++))
do

grompp -f md.mdp  -c structure_1.pdb -p structure_1.top  -o structure_1.tpr
mdrun -s structure_1.tpr -o structure_1.trr -c structure_1.pdb -e
structure_1.edr -g structure_1.log
rm -f *#*
trjconv -f structure_1.trr  -s structure_1.tpr -pbc nojump -o
structure_1.gro <<EOF
0
EOF
./dipole_rotational_translational_moment_append.out
rm -f *#*
rm structure_1.gro
rm structure_1.trr

done

Each simulation Gromacs generate the velocities randomly which are
independent on previous simulation. Could it possible to get the
velocities based on previous simulation.

You need to pass your .cpt file from the previous run to grompp -t. As it stands now, there is no relationship between the different segments of the run, and based on the fact that you're saying you get random velocities, your .mdp file probably has "gen_vel = yes" in it.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy