On 4/7/15 7:11 AM, Ming Tang wrote:
Hi, Justin

I am working with a triple helix using umbrella sampling method. When
generating configurations, I pulled 1ns (md_pull.mdp). Then I got 15
configurations using 0.03 spacing. They are conf0.gro conf5.gro conf10.gro
conf15.gro conf17.gro conf18.gro conf30.gro conf31.gro conf39.gro conf59.gro
conf87.gro conf161.gro conf233.gro conf360.gro conf488.gro. Most of the
configurations are within 0-100 frames. Does this affect the umbrella
sampling simulations? Is there any pulling time requirement when generating
the configurations?  I was supposed to have a try and find the result, but
found that the calculation is time-consuming. So I decided to ask you
finally.

The physics of every system is different. It's hard to generalize. If you have configurations that allow for reasonable window spacing, the quality of the end result depends on the sampling and convergence of the umbrella sampling itself.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy