On 5/19/15 12:12 PM, Hannes Loeffler wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2015 12:03:41 -0400
Michael Shirts <mrshi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yep, that's what I generally do.  Almost all alchemical changes
involve a difference in two calculations (since the alchemical change
itself is unphysical).  Even one-calculation solvation free energy
calculations are actually calculating the difference in free energy
from liquid to vapor state.

This reminds me: there was recently a discussion around couple-moltype
on this list.  My understanding is that this can be used for "absolute"
free energies.  But what I really want to make sure is this: as far as
I can see in the code and I think the manual says that too is that when
couple-moltype is not set in the .mdp none of the other couple-
parameters have any effect should I set any of the to something.  Do I
get this right?

Right, they're ignored.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.